Lent is a season of the Christian Year where we focus on simple living, prayer, and fasting in order to grow closer to God. (Learn more about Lent in the article, Lent 101.) Join us on this prayerful forty-day journey toward the empty tomb with these prayers by Carol Cook Moore:
- Prayer for Ash Wednesday (February 10, 2016)
- Prayer for Palm Sunday (March 20, 2016)
- Prayer for Maundy Thursday (March 24, 2016)
- Prayer for Good Friday (March 25, 2016)
- Prayer for Holy Saturday (March 26, 2016)
- Prayer for Easter Sunday (March 27, 2016)
Download your digital copy of this issue of Alive Now. Call 800.972.0433 to order printed copies for yourself, your small group, or congregation.
Carol Cook Moore is an ordained Elder in the United Methodist Church and a member of the Oklahoma Annual Conference. She is currently working on a collection of writings on the topic of encountering grace in the midst of grief. In addition to teaching courses in worship, preaching, and designing worship, Carol enjoys gardening, beaching, and preparing family feasts.
Photo Credit: © iStock.com / shaunl